Saturday, June 12, 2010

Backyard Nature Walk

A few days ago my daughter and I went on a morning nature walk in our yard. (we live out in a very rural area.) We spied a wild rabbit nibbling on grass in our backyard. So, we sat down and was very quiet and watched it for a long time, and I was able to snap a few pictures.
 Then about a week later we were walking on another morning nature walk in our yard and we saw a beautiful hawk in a pine tree in our front yard.  I snapped a picture of the hawk before it flew away. (I guess it was camera shy.) Then I immediately reviewed the picture on my camera and zoomed in on the hawk and to my surprise he had breakfast clutched in his talons. (possibly our little rabbit that we saw the week before.)
 Before we started doing our nature walks as part of our homeschool I would have never believed all of the activity that goes on in our own yard!

No comments:

Post a Comment