Wednesday, May 26, 2010

It's Been Awhile!

I have slacked off on my blogging for about a month or so and I think it's time to get back to it. My daughter was sick for a week, then I was sick for a while. It took me nearly a month to feel back to normal.
Anyway, The end of the school year is upon us and I am in the process of trying to evaluate my 5 year old to see where we stand after our first year of homeschool. Luckily I have a homeschool supply store, Rock Solid about 20 miles away, so I will be taking a trip tomorrow to pick up a Kindergarten Diagnostic Prescriptive Assessment packet. I think we have done pretty well, however we may need to do some work through the Summer. Although she officially isn't supposed to start Kindergarten until this next school year. I felt she was ready and so we started slow, but she has really done well. (the evaluation will tell us for sure where we stand.)
Now I get to start the fun of searching for the curriculum that we will be using for next school year. I already have so many ideas about what I want to use. But I don't have enough money to get all the things I want. A good site that has some wonderful curriculum is Queen Homeschool Supplies. I could spend a lot of money on this site, but of course I have to stick to a budget.
I have heard wonderful things about "The Story of the World", so I think I may get it. I found a wonderful deal at a local used book store, Chamblin BookMine, of the Activity workbook for "The Story of the World". I couldn't pass it up at 1/2 price. I will keep you updated with what curriculum I end up using for next year.

1 comment:

  1. I love shopping for curriculum! I think I am more excited when the items arrive. We are switching our curriculum this year, and I cannot wait to get it but I have to save money also. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete