Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Day 2 - Eat from the Pantry Challenge

Last night we had barbecue chicken breasts with Baked Beans and Caesar Salad.

Items used from the pantry:
1 Can of Bush's Country Style Baked Beans
Finish off 1 bag of Texas Toast Caesar Croutons


I didn't use very many items from the pantry today, but I did use a few more items from the refrigerator that needed to be used up:

1 head of Romaine lettuce left from a 3 pack
3/4 Jar of Grated Parmesan Cheese (only used about 1/4 Cup)
1/2 bottle of Kraft Caesar Dressing left that needs to be finished up
3/4 Bottle of K.C. Masterpiece BBQ Sauce (I only used about 1 Cup of it)

I let the 3 Chicken Breasts that I found in the freezer simmer in BBQ sauce in the Crock Pot for about 5 hours. It was so tender after slow cooking that long.



I also had some leftover cans of pumpkin from Thanksgiving so I decided to make Pumpkin Muffins this morning for breakfast.



I think it is very interesting to see other '"Eat from the Pantry Challenge" Blogs and they have their whole monthly menu already planned out. That would be a logistical nightmare for me. I'm not really a plan ahead person. So I will look tomorrow afternoon to decide what we will have for dinner tomorrow night.

1 comment:

  1. Looks Yummy! I always make my BBQ Chicken that way now! I love how tender it is and how infused with BBQ sauce it is. It almost makes a BBQ chicken soup. We just bought groceries so we have a lot to eat from the pantry, fridge and deep freeze right now. Looks like it's going good :)

    ReplyDelete