Monday, April 19, 2010

Fingerprint Art

About 2 weeks ago I saw that the by Little Hands blog was using Ed Emberly's Complete funprint Drawing Book.
I am always looking for fun art or craft ideas to try out with my daughter. So I clicked on over to Amazon.com and found a used one for around $4.00.  I received the book last week and I decided to use it on Friday as my daughter's Art/Craft time.  We had SOOO much fun!

This is my five year old's fingerprint artwork.
 
Even Mama got in on the action. I think I had more fun with it then she did.

This is the cover of the book. He also has other Fingerprint books that are a little more advanced.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like fun, I wonder if I can find it at the library. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We used this book to paint a vase for my son's preschool teacher some years back. It turned out REALLY cute. Each child made a couple of animals (they did the printing in their choice of color/I drew the accents because it's hard to draw on a round vase). When we finished, we had the vase fired, and then filled it with flowers for the teacher. She LOVED it! I still want to make one for myself with my own kids' fingerprints.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute!!! I have never heard of this book, I will have to check it out. It looks like I would, I mean my kids would have so much fun ;)
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete